The Technical Centre for Agricultural and Rural Cooperation (CTA), an international organization based in Wageningen, The Netherlands, has an opening for an intern for a period of 6 months, renewable only once. The intern will work as a member of the CTA “Policies, Markets and ICTs” Team.
CTA’s mandate puts emphasis on facilitating access, exchange and dissemination of information in the fields of agriculture and rural development. The “Policies, Markets and ICTs” (PMI) Programme and its ICT for ARD sub-Programme play a critical role in the realization of the above.
The intern will assist in supporting the ARDYIS (Agriculture, Rural Development and Youth in the Information Society) project and in other ICT for rural development activities for ACP countries.
Under the guidance and supervision of the relevant ICT4D Programme Coordinator, the intern will perform the following tasks:
1. “Agriculture, Rural Development and Youth in the Information Society” Project:
- Animation of web 2.0 spaces (Facebook, Twitter, etc.);
- Animation of the website of the project (based on the Joomla CMS);
- Contribution to the facilitation of the youth network;
- Assistance in the relation to youth project implementation (organization of competitions, workshop, training, etc.)
2. Contribution to other ICT for development activities:
- Support for the implementation of activities on ICTs in agricultural value chains;
- Assistance for the organization of web2.0 training;
- Other tasks as requested by the supervisor or the Department Manager.
Qualifications and Experience
- Recent graduate, 22-29 years of age;
- Graduate from university or a similar institution of higher education in agriculture, sociology, information and communication or related field;
- Knowledge of issues related to ICT for development;
- Experience in website update; the knowledge of the Content Management System Joomla is a plus but not mandatory (training can be provided to the intern);
- Familiarity with African, Caribbean and Pacific (ACP) countries is a plus;
- Thorough knowledge of one of the Centre's two working languages (French or English) and a satisfactory knowledge of the other working language of the Centre;
- Strong computer skills;
- Excellent communications, interpersonal skills and organizational skills;
- National of either one European Union member state or of one of the 78 ACP states.
- Start date: November 2012;
- Duration: 6 months (renewable once);
- Location: Wageningen, The Netherlands;
- Medical coverage is provided for the duration of the internship;
- International travel, if required, will not be covered by CTA;
- Internship stipend.
Participation in CTA activities will give you an invaluable experience at the international level.
Qualifying candidates are invited to forward before 18 September 2012.
- One-page motivational letter explaining why he/she qualifies for this position;
- Curriculum Vitae;
- Scanned copies of academic qualifications;
- Two letters of recommendations and / or references.