Technological innovation is taking place at a breath-taking pace. Simple, open source internet-based applications and services designed to enhance on-line collaboration are now available to the wider public at little or no cost at all. These new online technologies known as Web 2.0 and ‘social media’ enable people to collaborate to create, share and publish information.
The Technical Centre for Agricultural and Rural Cooperation EU-ACP (CTA) has a mandate to facilitate access to and dissemination of information in the fields of agriculture and rural development in 78 countries in Africa, the Caribbean and the Pacific (ACP). Supporting the adoption of Web 2.0 applications represents a great opportunity for meeting it.
This training event is organised and run by SIMAD University (SU) within the framework of the CTA-supported Web 2.0 and Social Media Learning Opportunities. It will be held 25 - 29 February 2016 at SIMAD University, Wadada Warshaddaha, Mogadishu, Somalia.
Registration fees 30 USD (10 USD for registration and 20 USD for certificates) apply as CTA provides only content-related support, and implementation costs are shouldered by SU. After completing registration, SU will contact you and arrange how you can make the payments.
The Learning Opportunity will cover advanced online searching, getting information served via alerts and RSS, collaborating remotely using Google Drive, Dropbox, VoIP, online mapping and social media. Participants will get a chance to see what others have done, get hands-on experience on how to use innovative applications, and assess how they could adopt these innovations within the context of their work and organisation. This Learning Opportunity forms part of CTA initiatives that support development partners in networking, accessing and disseminating information more effectively.
This Learning Opportunity forms part of CTA initiatives that support development partners in networking, accessing and disseminating information more effectively.
Programme of the Learning Opportunity
- Web 2.0 and Social Media: concepts and principles;
- Selective access to information via (i) advanced multilingual search options; (ii) RSS and (iii) automated alerts;
- Content curation: Tagging and Social Bookmarking;
- Photos for the web;
- Remote collaboration (e.g. GoogleDrive, Dropbox);
- Online conversations (Skype, Google Hangouts, Viber, Whatsapp);
- Online mapping (New Google Maps);
- Blogging (Blogger or Wordpress);
- Micro-blogging (Twitter);
- Social networking (LinkedIn and Facebook), risks and mitigation measures;
- Online Communities of Practice;
- Web 2.0 and Social Media for Agri-business and marketing.
- be computer literate and conversant with browsing the Internet;
- have regular access to a computer (ownership of a computer is an advantage);
- be in a position to take along a WIFI-enabled laptop to the training;
- be competent in the use of the English language;
- have an active e-mail account;
- be actively engaged in agricultural development including crop, livestock and and fisheries value chains, and natural resource management in the domains of ICT for development (ICT4D), policies, markets; publishing, communication and media; and
- be resident in Somalia.
Accepted participants will be responsible for all costs related to their travel to and from the venue, accommodation & daily subsistence allowances.
During the event, the organisers will provide refreshments and distribute copies of CTA publications and instructional material.
Téléchargez et diffusez la version PDF de cette annonce.